Tuesday, March 25, 2014

PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD


During the weigh in for my most recent competition, I met a lady who is a personal trainer and former competitor.  We are the same age.  She shared with me that a few years ago, while she was still in her 30’s, she had a stroke.  Once she recovered from the stroke, she became determined to get healthy.  She is a spiritual woman and she shared that she was not going to let the enemy take her health.  She started eating right and exercising.  Not long thereafter, she started preparing for her first competition. 

When the time had come to leave for her competition, she and her family loaded up the family vehicle and started the drive to the location of the competition which was quite a distance from their home.  During the drive, they were involved in a car crash.  The paramedics were called to the scene of the accident and told her that she needed to go to the hospital to get checked out.  She did not have any broken bones, but she had been pretty banged up.  She declined.  She shared that she was not going to let the enemy take away her chance to step on stage for her first competition after she had worked so hard. 

She made it to the competition and stepped on stage but, she was in a lot of pain and thought that she was going to lose consciousness.  She said she immediately began to pray and said, “God, now you got me this far, please don’t let me faint here on this stage.”  God came though, like he always does, and she made it through her first competition with flying colors!  

Hearing this story truly fired me up and helped me get my mind right for my competition.  We must remember that as believers, we will encounter hardships, but we must remain prayerful, faithful, and put on the whole armor of God and keep fighting.  Whether it is a bodybuilding competition or something else, when you desire something your must run towards it with all of your might and never give up! 

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
-Ephesians 6:11

1 comment:

  1. I just found you on YouTube when I googled 'abductor butt workout' lol. I am 43 yrs old and have worked out off and on since high school but I never reached my ideal goal. Lately I have struggled to find the motivation for working out. Tonight I set my alarm for 6am so that I can workout in the morning and prayed 'Lord please help me do this'. I am so glad to have found you and to see that you too are a women of God. You are truly a motivation.

    ReplyDelete