Wednesday, November 27, 2013

FIGHT YOUR FEARS



It’s funny how fear can paralyze us.  Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.  We have to stretch ourselves out of our comfort zone to make progress.  We cannot remain stagnant and expect great things.  Although I recognize that fear is the mind making up scenarios that have not and most likely will not happen, it is still tough trying to push yourself into unknown territory.  

Today, I finally purchased my competition suit.  Week after week I made excuses as to why I had not purchased the suit.   The main excuse:  money.  A few days ago I noticed that one designer is having a Black Friday sale offering 50% off his suits.  I was ecstatic!  I studied the designer’s website carefully trying to determine which suit I wanted.  Then I began to talk myself out of purchasing a suit.  “What if I want to go with a different designer?”  “What if I need this money for something else?”  “Oh, I just cannot decide on a design.”  Then I realized that I was just making excuses again.  You see, purchasing the suit makes this competition thing all too real in my mind.  If I buy a suit, it’s on.  No backing out.  And I have a level of fear of stepping on that stage, with the lights blaring down on my nearly naked body, being judged by not only the judges, but by all the people in the audience.  And that plain freaks me out!  But, once I chose the suit I wanted and hit the order confirmation button, I felt so relaxed and relieved.  I am a step closer to my goal.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment